How do I pick a wardrobe for my family photoshoot?
Frankly, this pretty easy, but a lot of families struggle with this. My advice is to think about these things:
- What season is it?
- Think about your location and what your background will be.
- Do I want a light and airy look? Or a more dark and moody look?
- Do I want us all to match?
- Do I want the clothing to portray my family's unique personalities?
- What do I feel comfortable in?
- Am I going to hang my picture on a wall in my home? If so, do I want my outfits to match my decor?
- What accessories do I want to go with my outfits? (Hint: Don't OVER accessorize.)
- You might not want to have busy prints and patterns as they can be distracting.
Once you know the answer to these questions, you may be in a better place to choose your outfits. If in doubt, you can always ask your photographer for a bit of advice.